Disclaimer: Thank you to Poise for sponsoring this post and keeping me confident!
That day you are sent home from the hospital for the first time is a pretty unreal feeling. I remember when we were about to leave with Tyler, Travis was looking around and said, “Really? They’re just going to let us leave with him?” It’s that feeling of uncertainty, unsure because you’ve never done this before, you don’t know what you are doing and they are just going to let you leave with this fragile little human. But since that first moment 12 years ago, I’ve learned a lot. Though believe me, I’m no expert. We often joke that Zach is our experiment. When he asks questions we sometimes say, “Hey, we’re doing this for the first time too!” So when Tyler came along, and then Summer, we were feeling more confident each time around. So while I have learned a lot over the last 12 years, here are a few things I’d like to share:
1. You love that sweet little baby more than you ever thought possible. And you think you couldn’t love another baby as much. Am I right? First time parents especially can relate to this. (But then….)
2. You love subsequent babies just as much. Your heart grows the perfect amount for the new babies. Isn’t that just an amazing thing?
3. Sometimes toddlers rule the roost. I said it would never happen, but it does, and has. I’ve learned to pick my battles and sometimes I let these little stinkers get away with a lot more than other times. I mean, I’m still in charge, but I just like to let them think they are. (Or maaybe it’s the other way around???)
4. Alone time is for the birds. If I want to talk on the phone, shower, go to the bathroom, my kids are there. They are hungry at that exact moment. They fight, they get hurt, they need to use the bathroom, all at that exact moment that I’m doing one of the said activities. I might not talk on the phone all.day.long. But the moment my phone rings, all three kids need something NOW!
5. Never trust a sneeze. Why don’t moms talk about this stuff? We talk about everything else, yet we don’t talk about bladder leakage when we sneeze, or cough, or laugh…. Because it’s embarrassing? Because it’s gross? Well, 1 in 3 women experience light bladder leakage (LBL) and millions of women already rely on Poise products to help keep them feeling clean and fresh.
Poise Microliners are specially designed discreet liners that give you just enough absorbency to handle the occasional little leak. These shockingly thin and surprisingly absorbent liners feature SAM (Super Absorbent Material) to provide discreet LBL protection that helps keep you dry and comfortable all day long so you can manage life’s little leaks with confidence. Poise Microliners are the thinnest liners in the light incontinence category and are designed to absorb wetness, neutralize odor and stay three times drier than period liners.
So now you don’t have to worry whether you are out for your morning run, or out with your girl friends, SAM has you covered.