Summer will forever and always be my favorite season. But there is something about heading into the fall and making casseroles again, like this Baked Chicken Artichoke Pasta, without the worry of heating up the house! That is one thing I have enjoyed about my Instant Pot is that I can eat casserole type food without the house getting hot!
This Baked Chicken Artichoke Pasta is easy to make and worth every step.
I love that it is such a comfort food. The chicken, sauce and artichokes all blend so well together that it makes for a perfect meal.
And who doesn’t like cheese?
One thing I love is making sure the top of the cheese gets nice and crispy! That is a favorite of mine!
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a skillet heat a tbsp of oil on medium heat and add onions.
- Season with salt and pepper, cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Set aside in a bowl off heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet heat another tbsp of oil over medium heat and add the chicken. Cook through, stirring every few minutes so all sides get browned. Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta in water.
- Make the sauce in a medium saucepan by melting the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour, cooking about 3 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Slowly whisk in milk, bring to a simmer for 3 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Turn down heat to low, add in nutmeg, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper and the parmesan cheese. Turn off heat.
- Butter a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Drain pasta and put it back in the pan.
- Toss the chicken, Italian seasoning and onion/garlic with the pasta. Add 3/4 of the sauce to the pasta and stir well.
- Pour into the casserole pan and spread out evenly.
- Spread the artichokes evenly over top then spoon the rest of the sauce over them. Sprinkle on the mozzarella.
- Bake 40 minutes until bubbly all over and golden on top. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
I always love a good white sauce over pasta! What is your favorite way to eat pasta?