I’m so glad that it is Spring and I’m looking forward to the warmer weather, flowers blooming and more play time at the park. I’m also looking forward to saying goodbye to cold and flu season.
I will say that we didn’t get hit near as hard this year, but we spent plenty of days resting because we didn’t feel good. And Travis and I just got hit again recently. While I thought mine was bad, Travis had it even worse and I was dreading the kids getting it. I spent a lot of time cleaning with Lysol wipes and washing hands – and even though Summer did end up getting a little head cold, it was nothing like what Travis and I experienced, thankfully!
Now we are seeing light at the end of the tunnel and are getting our appetites back and so it was time to make something new.
I just made this Blueberry Breakfast Puff a couple of days ago. I had every intention to make it for breakfast but I kept forgetting to put it together the night before, so I finally just decided to make it one day and have it for dessert, which worked just as good!
This was really easy to throw together. Literally less than 10 minutes!
My cream cheese didn’t really dissolve entirely but it didn’t make any difference. When it is cooked it all blends together anyway!
- 3 large croissants, diced into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Dice croissants into small pieces and cover bottom of 9×9 pan
- Cover with blueberries
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla and milk with mixer until everything is combined.
- Pour over croissant mixture and cover with foil
- Let sit overnight (Or at least a couple of hours)
- Bake on 350° for 40 minutes, until center is set. (You might need to cover it if it gets too brown. You can see that mine got a little dark!)
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
So delicious and such a fun after dinner dessert!
Recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything