I am always looking for more Italian-inspired meals and today’s Meatball Sub is not only delicious, but easy to make. You can actually toss them into your crockpot and walk away to get other things accomplished.
I grabbed this amazingly delicious Bertolli Riserva Balsamic Vinegar & Carmelized Onion sauce. Bertolli is celebrating over 150 years of food, family and friends, and I am about all three of those. Any chance I get to cook a meal for family or friends I am doing it. I really don’t even need a reason. I just need good food and good company and Bertolli recipes help bring it all together.
So dump your meatballs into your crockpot and add your Bertolli sauce. Then cover with the lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
Cut your bun in half and butter it if you want. I put a little garlic powder on it and then stuck it under the broiler for just a moment, just long enough to toast it a little.
Then I added the meatballs and Bertolli Riserva onto the bread, sprinkled with mozzarella and a little parmesan cheese. And then put back under the broiler to melt the cheese.
Now while it is hot, eat up!
- Bertolli Riserva sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- Place meatballs in crockpot along with Bertolli sauce. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Slice sub long ways to open (like a hotdog bun)
- Butter bun if desired
- Toast bun under broiler just until lightly toasted.
- Add meatballs and sauce to toasted bun, top with shredded cheese
- Put sub back under broiler just to melt cheese.
- Enjoy your delicious sub while it is nice and hot!
Don’t miss out on this coupon to get $1.50 off your own Bertolli Riserva.