If you have been around my blog for any time at all you know I love to share recipes of all kind. I share breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, kid friendly, healthy, fatty, foods of all kinds.
Lately I have been trying to make more and more healthy versions of food so that I have more options as I am working through my fitness journey. Buffalo Chicken isn’t exactly something I thought I would ever eat. I am not into super spicy foods so it didn’t really appeal to me that much. But after looking through a bunch of healthy recipes I kept seeing one particular ingredient that was the same. Hot Sauce.
This Buffalo Chicken Bowl is great because I don’t just get one meal out of it. I actually eat it for lunch and dinners off and on all week. #TheNewComfortFood
I love Foster Farms because it is locally grown, and that makes me feel great about feeding it to my family. Pacific Northwest grown food means that it is always fresh, and that it important.
Foster Farms Simply Raised fresh chicken is independently audited and certified by the American Humane Association. They also follow the animal welfare guidelines set forth by the National Chicken Council and have been instrumental in helping to advance animal welfare in the poultry industry.
Foster Farms is audited numerous times each year by independent third-party auditors at the request of retailers and food service customers to ensure animal welfare standards. The audits take place at the company’s hatchery, ranches and processing facilities.
Healthy chickens contribute to a safe and wholesome food supply. We prioritize the health and welfare of our broilers through all stages of life. Their program emphasizes preventative flock health programs, proper nutrition and advanced husbandry practices.
One of my favorite parts of it is the “ranch” that is a healthy version. Any time I can make something a healthier version, it makes me feel like I am doing something good for myself.
“Ranch” spread over the top is delicious!
- 2 can corn
- 2 can black beans
- 3 avocado
- 2 tomato
- 6 chicken breasts (I used Foster Farms Simply Raised fresh chicken contains No Antibiotics Ever)
- 1 C Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Dressing
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons milk (I used fat free milk)
- Put your chicken, garlic, and hot sauce into the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours. Afterwards, shred it with 2 forks.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Dressing, Greek yogurt and milk together and refrigerate while finishing up with other ingredients.
- Drain and rinse your corn and black beans and add them to a bowl. Cut up the tomatoes and avocado and add them to the bowl.
- Add the vegetables and chicken and mix together. Top with the Healthy Greek Yogurt ranch.
Yields 6 servings
21 Day Fix approved: 2 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1/2 Green
What is one of your favorite healthy meals?