Caramel Toffee Crunch Cheesecake. Do I even need to say more?
Well, I will. This cheesecake is awesome.
I searched Pinterest for the perfect cheesecake to make Travis for his birthday and I ended up on this one.
- 3 Cups graham crackers
- 1/2 C Toffee Bits
- 1/2 C Brown Sugar
- 1 stick (melted) butter
- 1 1/4 C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips
- Firmly press all the way up the sides of a springform pan that is pre lined with parchment paper. (Don’t skip this step! I did and I think it messed me up!
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips, set onto a baking sheet and put into oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Use a knife and spread melted chocolate chips. Put pan in freezer to firm up for at least 15 minutes.
- 3 pkgs of softened cream cheese
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 C caramel topping (see recipe link below)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Add vanilla and caramel, mix until well combined.
- Add in eggs and beat until combined
- Remove crust from freezer and pour mixture into crust
- Wrap pan in a couple of wet towels to help the cheesecake heat evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and open the door, but let the cake remain in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take cheesecake out and set on counter for an additional 30 minutes
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours. (overnight is even better!)
A couple of notes about these instructions. I didn’t wrap my pan with towels and I wished I would have. I have never used that step before so I thought I wouldn’t need it, but I think it made a negative difference. I did put water in the bottom of my cookie sheet, but I don’t know how much that actually helped.
Also, I took my cheesecake out of the over strictly after 1 hour and 20 minutes because the original instructions said my cake would be jiggly, but would firm up. I wish I would have gave it a good 15-20 minutes more. That might have tied in with not using the wet towels, I’m not sure.
- 1 C whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 C caramel
- 1/2 C toffee bits (a little extra for garnish)
- Mix whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks are formed.
- In a separate bowl, combine caramel and toffee bits (save a little aside for garnish)
- Pour caramel onto cheesecake
- Pipe whip cream onto edge of cake. (As you can see I am not a piping master)
- Garnish with remaining toffee bits
THIS is the recipe I used to make this cheesecake.
Use their caramel recipe! I used a bottle of caramel syrup and I think that was my biggest mistake! It was very runny and that did not help my already soft cheesecake!
This Caramel Toffee Crunch Cheesecake is amazing. It is so delicious and extremely sweet. I made this cake for my husband for his birthday, and like I said before, my cake was overly moist. And as you can see part of my cake side fell off! But it still tasted awesome and my husband loved it!
What is your favorite kind of cheesecake?