Another week has come and gone! This weekend I’m looking forward to watching my Seattle Seahawks kick some GB butt and head to the Super Bowl! And this week I also have some awesome football party food for you! This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli is sure to be a hit, even if you don’t looove broccoli!
It is super easy to make and doesn’t take much time at all.
- 1 Rhodes bread loaf
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups broccoli steamed and chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise ( I used light mayo)
- 1 egg yolk
- fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- On a lined cookie sheet form a rectangle out of the dough
- In a bowl, combine chicken, cheese, broccoli and mayonnaise
- Spread mixture down the center of the dough
- Use a knife to cut strips 1 inch apart down each side of the dough.
- Fold the dough strips over the top of the chicken mixture, alternating left and right to create a braid.
- Brush the top of the braid with a beaten egg yolk and sprinkle fresh rosemary on top.
- Bake for 28 – 30 minutes until golden brown.
Enjoy! And try not to eat it all in one sitting!
Even if you are not a huge fan of broccoli this is still delicious- the broccoli isn’t overpowering. But if you’re still not sure try this Baked Spaghetti in Garlic Bread instead!
Do you watch football? Who are you rooting for this weekend?