Some people might think that the words broccoli and Mac and cheese shouldn’t be in the same sentence. I was sort of one of those people. But this macaroni and cheese will not disappoint you. It is delicious! And if you are looking to eat healthier, this is the mac and cheese for you because it is 21 Day Fix approved!
Pretend I said it was 21 Day Fix approved. Because I know that to some people that is going to mean boring, bland, gross, not as good as “regular” mac and cheese. But it is none of those things. This is actually one of the best macaroni and cheeses I’ve ever ate. Super creamy and so full of flavor!
If you are still unsure, just please, take my word for it because it is amazing, and go make this Chicken and Broccoli Mac and Cheese.
- 4 oz dry whole wheat macaroni
- 4 tsp organic grass fed butter
- 2 T. unbleached whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 C. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/4 C. grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 C. cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 4 C. chopped broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Cook noodles to package directions
- Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat
- Add flour, whisking constantly for 1 minute
- Slowly mix in almond milk, whisking constantly for 1-2 minutes, until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cheese, whisking constantly for 2-3 minutes, until melted.
- Add chicken, (pre-steamed) broccoli, salt and pepper. Stir constantly for 1 minute until heated through.
I actually thought this tasted even better the next day, reheated. Either way, it was delicious and you really should make it.
I have made many recipes out of the Fixate cook book since I got it a couple of months ago. And so far so good- I’ve loved everything I’ve made.
And because I’ve loved it so much I want to share it with ONE of YOU! So enter the giveaway below!!!
And this should make (8) 1.5 C servings