Who loves Éclairs like I do? They are a treat that I hardly ever have, but I love! I remember loving them since I was a kid- and one time when my girlfriend and I went to Las Vegas I had the best éclair! Sadly, I don’t remember which hotel it was at (the Venetian, maybe?) but it was absolutely amazing!
So I’ve been wanting to try this Chocolate éclair cake for a while and it was totally worth it.
- 1 (3.5 oz) package of instant Vanilla pudding
- 1/2 of a container of Cool Whip (thawed)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- graham crackers
- 1/2 tub chocolate frosting
- Mix together milk, cool whip and pudding. In a square 8×8 or even a 9×9 put a single layer of graham crackers. You might have to break them in half to make the fit.
- Put half of the mixture over the crackers then add another layer of crackers.
- Next add another layer of pudding and then top with the last layers of crackers.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a half hour.
- After pudding has time to set up, remove from the fridge.
- Take lid off of frosting and put into microwave for about 15-20 seconds. Just enough to soften it up.
- Pour frosting over pudding mixture and spread evenly.
- Cover and place back in the fridge.
When I found this recipe on Pinterest it said to let it sit a full day and even better, overnight. I did and this is a recipe that gets better the longer it sits so I recommend letting it sit AT LEAST over night! The flavors blend the longer it sits and even though you have to look at it in the fridge every time you open the door, it’ll be sooo worth it, I promise!