Hello Hello! I have a delicious Creamy Coleslaw recipe to share with you today! I never actually liked coleslaw until just a few years ago when I got it as a side dish at a restaurant and it was so good. But I had never actually made it myself.
Then a couple of weeks ago we were having family over for a BBQ and I wanted to make something new and something different and I came across this recipe from Love Grows Wild. I knew it would be a hit and decided to give it a try.
It was easy and quick to make this creamy coleslaw and it didn’t disappoint! It was so delicious and everyone ate it up.
There are not many steps and I had it chilling in the refrigerator in less than 10 minutes.
Coleslaw in the bowl, then all other ingredients in a second bowl, mix well. I thought a full tablespoon of celery seed was too much. Next time I would only use about half of that amount and I think it would still be plenty.
Pour over coleslaw
And mix it up until it is all combined.
- 1 C mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp celery seed (I thought this was too much and next time I’d use about half the amount!)
- 1 Tblsp grated onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1- 16 oz bag shredded cabbage with carrots
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- In a bowl mix the cabbage and carrots.
- In a second bowl mix the all additional ingredients together until they are combined.
- Pour the “dressing” over the cabbage and toss until fully coated with the dressing.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
So what do you think? Are you a fan of Creamy Coleslaw or do you take a pass when you see it at a BBQ?