Who is ready for another addition of The Secret Recipe Club? I know I am!
This month I had I am Honey Bee, which is a food blog written by the amazing Nicole, who has a million different recipes on her blog. I actually sifted through so many that I had it narrowed down to about 10 recipes and I just couldn’t decide what I wanted to make so I finally just picked one and I picked a second because I just couldn’t stop thinking about it. I’ll share that second one soon!
But seriously, who could pass up Ham and Cheese Sliders, or Lobster Mac and cheese? (Believe me, I saved that one for later!) What about Chicago Style Pizza? I could just keep going on and on. They all look delicious. But there is something about a dish that is called Creamy Dreamy Baked Macaroni and Cheese that a pasta and cheese loving girl like myself, just can’t pass up!
I mean…. Amazing, right???
I started with getting my cheese shredded.
And get my noodles boiling, butter melted, and milk warming.
Flour added to butter and being whisked.
Gradually adding milk and continue whisking.
Season and continue to whisk
Add cheese and keep on whisking.
Mix in noodles and stir until combined.
Pour into a casserole dish.
Mix remaining butter and breadcrumbs
Add bread crumbs to top of macaroni and cheese and put in oven to bake.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 c. milk
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 c. Gruyere, grated (12 oz.)
- 2 c. extra-sharp Cheddar, grated (8 oz)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Boil water then add the macaroni and cook according to package, Drain.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan, do not let it come to a boil.
- In a separate saucepan add in 6 tablespoons of butter until melted then add flour. Cook for 2 minutes over low heat, whisking. Continue to whisk, add the hot milk and cook until thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat, add the cheeses, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add the cooked macaroni and stir until combined. Pour into a baking dish.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, combine them with the fresh bread crumbs, and sprinkle on the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly on top.
Who doesn’t love Macaroni and Cheese? And this one sure is creamy and dreamy and you won’t be disappointed. We had my dad and my sister in law both over for dinner and we all devoured it quickly. The only one who didn’t try it was Tyler, who weirdly, doesn’t like any mac and cheese. Weird, right?
So what are you waiting for, try this amazing Macaroni and Cheese! And head below to check out all of the other fabulous recipes!