It is a rainy day here in the Pacific NorthWest and sometimes I might complain about that but not today. Today I am grateful for this rain and watching is wash away some of this insane snow we have had that doesn’t want to go away!
That is why today I wanted to share this Crock pot Chicken Tater Tot Casserole with you.
It is so easy to make and it is a perfect warm meal to have on a cooler rainy day.
The ingredients are few, which I love, and with in just a few hours you’ll have a yummy dinner.
I started with spraying the inside of the crockpot with non stick cooking spray and cover the bottom with tater tots.
Add half of the bacon bits
Then a layer of cheese.
Now add in your diced chicken
Next you’ll add another layer of cheese and then tater tots
Add the rest of the bacon bits
And top with cheese.
Turn on the crockpot and let it cook!
Then enjoy every last bite!
- 1 32 oz. bag frozen tater tots
- 1 3 oz. bag bacon pieces
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- Spray your crockpot with cooking spray
- Cover the bottom of the crockpot with tater tots
- Sprinkle with half of the bacon bits
- Top with a layer of the shredded cheese
- Add diced chicken on top
- Layer of shredded cheese
- Top with the rest of the tater tots
- Add the last of the bacon bits and shredded cheese
- Pour milk over the top.
- Cover and cook on low about 4 hours.
We are tater tot casserole lovers but this was really a fun change from how I normally make it with hamburger!
Have you ever had this? Did your family love it as much as mine?