I feel like pickles are one of those foods that people either love or hate. I don’t hear people say often that “pickles are okay”. Do you? Everyone in my family loves them! And when I was pregnant with Tyler I ate hamburger dill chips like they were going out of style. I would take a tupperware container of them to work with me and eat them all day long.
And I will eat them in any form. Dill, sweet, bread and butter, relish…. I love pickles!
I made this Dill Pickle Pasta Salad for the first time last year after going to a bbq and wanting to bring something different from my ordinary salad choices.
It was a total hit and I ended up making it many more times over the summer because we just couldn’t get enough of it!
You guys already know that things that are easy to make are my jam! And this one is no exception. It is one of those salads that you toss everything in a bowl, mix and stick in the fridge to chill.
Now we haven’t had it all winter long and I know as the weather warms up more and we start to bbq more often I will be making this Dill Pickle Pasta Salad again.
- 8 oz. dry pasta (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 c. sliced pickles
- 2/3 c. cheddar cheese , diced
- 3 Tbsp chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1/2 c. pickle juice
- 2/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 Tbsp pickle juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water.
- Pour a 1/2 cup of pickle juice over the cold pasta, mix and set aside.
- After a few minutes drain juice from pasta.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl then add to pasta, mixing well.
- Refrigerate at least one hour to chill before serving.
What is your favorite way to eat pickles? Or do you like them at all?