Where are my fellow chap stick lovers? I have used the same brand and scent of chapstick since I was about a freshman in high school. I have occasionally strayed and tried other brands but I have always gone back to my one true love chapstick, until now. Recently I decided to make my own and for my birthday I asked for a lip balm kit that I found on amazon. And now, this lip balm is my new true love. It’s amazing. Like, you need to try is asap!
It was easy to make and thankfully I had the ingredients on hand thanks to making the Healing Salve a while back.
In a matter of minutes I had lip balm hardening up and not long later it was ready to use!
I just used an empty jelly jar that I had cleaned out a while ago.
All melted and ready to go!
- 1 Tbsp Beeswax
- 3 Tbsp of your favorite carrier oil
- 2½ tsp Shea Butter
- 5 drops Vitamin E Oil
- 2 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 15 lip balm tubes – This kit I got for my birthday and it’s awesome!
- Add beeswax, shea butter and carrier oil into a glass jar.
- Fill a saucepan with about an inch of water and set glass jar into the water.
- Heat over medium-low heat until melted. (But not to a boil)
- Occasionally stir until ingredients are melted and combined.
- After the wax is melted, remove from heat and let sit for a minute before adding oils.
- Pour mixture into containers and let cool.