Anyone that’s ever had a cold knows all too well that you want it over fast! Anything you can do to speed up the process is on the table and that includes hot showers with Vicks shower disks. I wanted to share an alternative so you can skip the Vicks and still get the same effects. These essential oil shower melts will do just that!
The smell amazing and really help clear up your sinuses while in the shower! I love to leave off the fan and just let all the steam and oils diffuse into the air and breathe it all in!
And they are so easy to make!
The first time I made the essential oil shower melts I used 10 drops each but I felt like I needed a stronger scent and now I typically use 15 drops of each. (If anything, do extra eucalyptus!)
- 1 cup baking soda
- 4 tablespoons water
- 15 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Soap colorant (optional – I used seafoam green)
- A mold to put your mixture in (I grabbed these from the dollar store)
- Put baking soda into the bowl and slowly mix water with baking soda one tablespoon at a time until you reach a thick paste consistency.
- Add in your essential oil and mix well. If you are using a coloring add it now, and be careful using colorant because some do stain. (I’ve been there!) Make sure the coloring you are using is for crafts/bath bombs.
- Your mixture should look a bit like a paste.
- Press your mixture into your mold. Put it in the freezer to harden. If you have too much liquid at the top you can use a paper towel to soak in some.
- Melts should be ready within a couple of hours, store in an airtight container.
- You can also add more essential oil if you are looking for a stronger scent.