So, I’ve never been to a Chick-fil-A…. we don’t even have one in my state, or in my surrounding states…. And I never thought I might be missing out until I came across a pin on Pinterest for copycat Chick-fil-A nuggets. I thought I’d try them out and they were so amazing that now I am questioning everything. What else at Chick-fil-A might I be missing out on???
- 6 boneless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- canola oil
— Sauce Ingredients–
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- In a large pot, heat 1-inch of oil to 375 degrees F.
- In a gallon-sized close-able plastic bag, combine flour, powdered sugar, salt, pepper, and paprika. Shake to combine ingredients.
- Place bite-sized chicken into the plastic bag and shake to coat with breading.
- Using tongs, remove chicken from the bag and place into heated oil, cooking only 10-15 at a time. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove nuggets when golden brown and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl and serve with hot nuggets.
These were for real so amazing. I love chicken nuggets. And until a few months ago when I saw the pink stuff that the golden arches puts in theirs I ate them regularly. So I am super happy to have this yummy recipe. And the honey mustard? Well, let me just tell you that honey mustard is a favorite of mine and this is the best I’ve ever had. Now, go make these!