I found this Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe via Pinterest last summer… but it came from Skinnytaste… enough said, right? I haven’t gotten a single bad recipe from Skinnytaste and this is another amazing one. We actually just had it again for dinner last night because it was just so good!
Here is what you need to make Chicken Parmesan
- 4 (about 8 oz each) chicken breast, fat trimmed, sliced in half to make 8
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little more oil on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over, bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
This Chicken Parmesan is probably the best I’ve ever tasted. And here’s the thing. It’s actually a Weight Watchers recipe, but don’t let that fool you because it is not missing anything. It is amazing. (and you can check on the original recipe for the nutrition facts too!)
But this next part I’m going to share, is not a WW recipe, and throws off my entire “good for you for eating right” recipe.
Angel Hair Pasta with Garlic Sauce-
I’m not sure where this recipe came from. I’ve made it for a lot of years and I just don’t remember.
- 1 pkg (16 oz) Angel hair pasta
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 1/4 C. chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 C. freshly grated parmesan
- Cook pasta as directed. Heat 10 in. skillet over medium heat. Cook parsley and garlic in oil.
- Stir frequently until garlic is golden. Drain pasta, mix in garlic. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper.
- This is a great side dish that you can whip up quick and adds a great taste to your dinner! Enjoy!