Well today I’m excited to show you an amazing, and easy dessert that you are going to love.
Months ago I found this Chocolate Lasagna on Pinterest and tucked it away in a folder I use for the things I really want to make. I was hoping for a fun or special occasion to make it, and this last weekend when I held a Simple House Party I decided that what better time to try it than with a house full of chocolate loving women!
As you can see, it looks like a pile of deliciousness!
Recipe- Per CenterCutCook.com
- 1 package regular Oreo cookies (Not Double Stuff)
- 6 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold milk
- 1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
- 2 – 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding.
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Begin by crushing 36 Oreo cookies. I used my food processor for this, but you could also place them in a large Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin. When the Oreos have turned into fine crumbs, you are done.
- Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
- Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, and sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up further.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
Here is my 2 cents: This is super delicious, but make sure you let it sit for at least an hour. The longer the better, in my opinion. The reason? Well mine only sat for about 50 minutes and when I first took a bite, I could really taste the cream cheese but by later in the night when I snuck another slice, it had blended together and you wouldn’t have known there was cream cheese in it.
Also, my pudding mixture was extremely thick. I made it just as the recipe is and I noticed that you are only using HALF of the amount of milk that you would use if you were just making the pudding. It was thick and clumpy, but I thought, “well this is what the recipe said”. But with that being said I would totally make this again, I think I would just add more milk to make my pudding a little smoother. EDIT: I have made this many times since and you definitely need the extra milk! It made all the difference! Also, I really think letting it sit for several hours if you can is best!
Happy Foodie Friday everyone! I’d love for you to let me know if you make this, and what you think!