This quickly became a family favorite after I made it a couple of years ago for a Christmas brunch.
It’s very simple and easy to make. And not a lot of ingredients!
So let’s get to it! (recipe and directions from Rach’s Blog)
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar….mix together
2. Pour butter/sugar mixture into bottom of 9 x 13 pan….spread around
3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast
7. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
8. Cover & chill in fridge overnight
9. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
11. Serve with warm maple syrup
You will love this! It’s such a delicious breakfast and I love that I can get it ready this night before and then just pop it in the over when I wake up! This breakfast is waaaay to sweet to add syrup. So I REALLY recommend that you try it without first! I couldn’t imagine adding syrup!