I’m not exactly sure how many versions of Mac N Cheese that I have shared throughout the years on this blog. If I had to guess, I would say 5 or so. And I am fairly certain I have at least one or two that are hanging out in my drafts, because I am embarrassed to share yet again, another mac and cheese recipe with you.
A little over a year ago I ate my first ever Fried Mac N Cheese ball at The Cheesecake Factory. We don’t have one near us, so I do what I always do and head to Pinterest for a recipe. I found one and purchased all of the ingredients within a couple of days, but because of the amount of steps involved, I kept putting it off.
Finally I decided to just do something different with my Gouda so I headed back to Pinterest and found this Smoked Gouda Mac n Cheese. Because it is mouthwatering, I got right on it!
You guys know that I love a simple recipe, and while this might seems like something that would be difficult to make, it’s incredibly easy.
And, my house smelled amazing.
- 2 Cups dry macaroni, cooked according to package
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Cups of (whole) milk
- 2.5 Cups Gouda cheese, shredded and divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Melt butter in saucepan and slowly whisk in flour until combined. Continue to whisk for 1 minute.
- Pour in milk and whisk until the cream starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, stir until sauce is smooth.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste
- Stir in macaroni until well combined.
- Pour into a baking dish and cook for 30 minutes
- Garnish with additional cheese and place under broiler until cheese is browning.
This cheesy Gouda Mac N Cheese is one you will never forget. The smokey cheese flavor isn’t overpowering and is just perfect.
What is your favorite way to eat Mac N Cheese?