In my house, we are all pretty big on pasta (Except Tyler). We eat spaghetti or lasagna weekly basis and when I came across these fun Mini Spaghetti Cups I was sure they would be a hit with the kids.
Zach and Summer both loved them, but Tyler just isn’t much a pasta fan. I can get him to eat it once in a while, but not regularly. And hey, if the kids doesn’t want the extra carbs, I don’t want to force it!
For spaghetti cups:
- 1 lb small pasta (I used penne)
- 1 lb hamburger- browned
- 1 can/jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line your cupcake pan with foil liners
- Mix together all ingredients, fill 12 liners (the rest you’ll use for the goulash- or you can just make extra spaghetti cups)
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Let cool completely before freezing/ remove foil before reheating
So easy, right? My favorite part is just grabbing them out of the freezer one or two at a time to heat up with the kid’s lunches. And Zach liked them so much that I think I will make some more right before school starts because they would be a great addition to his lunch.
Then with the left overs, if you didn’t use it all to make the mini spaghetti cups you can make this goulash. When I made mine I didn’t have any sour cream so I mixed some cream cheese and some milk until I got the sour cream consistency and it worked out. I think the cream cheese is a little sweeter or something, but it worked out fine and tasted delicious.
- Use the rest of the spaghetti cup mixture
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. shredded cheese
- Additional veggies to taste
- Mix all ingredients together and empty into 2 aluminum pans
- Add foil to cover
- Cook on 350 for 45-60 minutes if frozen
Recipe from Ring Around the Rosies
Do you make special toddler lunches? I’m always looking for new ones for the kids, what are your favorites?