Nope, they’re not! They are easy and delicious! Another Pinterest find and made by Kids in the Sink
¾ cup dark brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 tbsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
⅛ tsp cinnamon
1 ½ cups quick oatsCream Filling:
2 tsp very hot water
¼ tsp salt
1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow cream
½ cup shortening
⅓ cup powdered sugar
½ tsp vanillaDirections:
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the butter, sugars, molasses, vanilla, and eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and stir to combine; mix in the oats.
- Drop tablespoon sized scoops onto the cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until just starting to brown around the edges. Do not to over bake them; they will look moist.
- While the cookies are baking, in a small bowl, dissolve the salt in the hot water and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine the marshmallow cream, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla and mix on high until fluffy.
- Add the salt water and mix well.
- Spread the filling onto the flat side of one cookie and top with another.