A couple of weeks ago I came across this Lemon Chicken Penne over at Lil’ Luna. It looked absolutely amazing and I put it on my menu plan immediately! It was very quick and easy to make and a hit around the house.
- 4 grilled chicken breast sliced
- 1 pound cooked penne
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1-2 whole lemons
- 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Half & Half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Cook pasta as directed on box. Reserve one cup water, set pasta aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Squeeze in juice of 2 lemons and whisk together.
- Pour half & half and cream together and whisk until hot. Add cheese and whisk until melted. Add salt pepper to taste
- Stir in half of your basil.
- Pour pasta and sauce into a large bowl. Add chicken, sprinkle remaining basil on top.
I got the pasta cooking then made the sauce and Travis cooked the chicken up on the BBQ. It was done super quick and we were eating dinner in no time.
In the end Travis and the kids loved it. So did Travis’ sister, who was over to visit that night. Me, however, I didn’t love it. I liked it, and thought it was okay, but I just didn’t love it like I thought I would considering I was about to lick the screen when I was over at Lil’ Luna’s looking at the picture!