This months Secret Recipe Club reveal is here and today I am sharing a recipe from Karen’s Kitchen Stories.
I chose the Little Lemon Loaf because for one, the picture looked delicious and for two, I love anything lemon and I knew that it would be a hit.
While reading Karen’s blog I found many amazing recipes and book marked several for the future. I will definitely be making these Salted Caramels, and these Mini Chicken Empanadas. And these Double Chocolate Cookies are to die for! One thing I love about Karen and her blog are the amazing photos that she takes. She does such a great job photographing her food and I definitely aspire to be more like her!
1 1/4 C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 C yellow cornmeal
2 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
1 T lemon zest
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 C granulated sugar
1/3 C vegetable oil
1/4 C lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray your loaf pan with non stick cooking spray. (I used my awesome mini loaf pan)
- In one bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and corn meal.
- In a second bowl mix the egg yolk, eggs, lemon zest, and salt for one minute. Add sugar and continue to mix for five minutes and the batter is pale.
- In a third bowl mix the oil and lemon juice.
- Add a third of the flour mixture into your mixing bowl with eggs.
- Add half of the oil mixture into the egg mixture.
- Mix in the second third of the flour mixture
- Add in the rest of the oil and then the rest of the flour just until mixed.
- Pour the batter into your pans and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
The one thing I would change about this bread is that the lemon flavor is not very strong at all and I could have used more. Other wise it was delicious and I look forward to making it again!