A few months ago I made a delicious Riesling Sangria. Now, I am not really a wine drinker. But I love Riesling. Especially the one from our local winery. After I had shared my Sangria with family at a BBQ my sister in law tagged me in a video on facebook for Moscato Ice Cream. I won’t lie… I was all over it! I grabbed the ingredients the next day and made it up.
I’m pretty sure it was heavenly.
I LOVE this method of making ice cream because you don’t need an ice cream machine. I shared another home made ice cream a while back, and this one is just as easy! Plus, the ingredient combinations are virtually endless! So many things you can put in to cater to whatever sounds good to you.
It had minimal ingredients and start to finish is about 10 minutes.
My ONLY regret is that I didn’t DOUBLE the recipe. However, I have made it several times!
Recipe adapted from Show Me the Yummy
- 1 cup Barefoot Moscato
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, cold
- berries (optional- I used about a 1/2 c of blueberries and a 1/2 c of diced cherries)
- In a small bowl, whisk together Barefoot Moscato, sugar, and pudding mix. Set aside.
- Whip chilled heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Reduce the speed, and slowly pour in the Moscato/sugar/pudding mixture until completely mixed together.
- Use a spatula and gently stir in the fresh berries.
- Place the ice cream into a large Tupperware container preferably one with a lid. (if no lid cover with saran wrap.
- Put in your freezer until firm. This takes a full 12+ hours.
- Serve and Enjoy
I’ve made and shared this with several friends, and they all seem to enjoy it! I hope that you do too!