Today I am sharing a quick and easy, no fuss about it dinner. This One pot Mac n’ Cheese is perfect for a week night when you have things going on and you need a quick meal before you head out the door, or people come over.
I actually originally made this One Pot Mac n’ Cheese for New Year’s Eve. We had some family coming over to ring in the new year with us, and while we had a ton of snacks I knew we needed something solid too. This was perfect as the night was cold and the food was nice and warm in our bellies!
And even though we had all of those other snacks, this didn’t last. It was delicious and we gobbled it up.
Start to finish it was made and we were eating in less than a half an hour. That is the kind of meal I like when I would rather be spending time with my family.
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces uncooked elbows pasta
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot heat oil and cook onion, garlic and ground beef until brown and crumbled. Drain any excess fat.
- Over medium heat stir in all additional ingredients, chicken broth, tomatoes, beans and seasoning to taste. Add pasta and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let pasta cook for 13-15 minutes until pasta is cooked through.
- Top with cheese, cover and let melt. Serve immediately.
Now I’ve shown you what a great week night meal looks like to me, leave me a comment and share what your “go to” week night meals are!
Original Recipe from Damn Delicious