I’m super excited to be sharing my first post for the Secret Recipe Club!
If you are not familiar with the Secret Recipe Club, the way it works is this: Each month you are assigned to another blogger from your group secretly. You then pick a recipe from their blog to recreate and then share on your own blog. Then everyone from your group posts on a specified day and you then get to see who had you and share the recipe you have recreated for your group member.
I wasn’t actually supposed to be doing a post until next month but they needed someone to help and I gladly jumped in! And this month I am sharing a recipe from Morsels of Life. CJ shares tons of recipes and you will find everything from a basic pizza crust to elaborate desserts. I chose to make this Pesto Stuffed Chicken because I already have been wanting to make this for some time and this was as good of a time as any.
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 4 T. Pesto
- 1 T. minced Garlic
- 1/4 C. Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 C. Parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 T. flour
- Preheat oven to 350°. Put your chicken into a bag and pound, pound, pound. You want your chicken to be as flat as you an get it.
- Next, using a small bowl mix your pesto, garlic and mozzarella. Spread a small amount onto the chicken but don’t go all the way to the edge.
- Now roll up your chicken and use a toothpick or two to hold them together.
- In a small bowl beat your egg and in a second bowl mix together your flour and parmesan cheese. Dip your entire chicken roll into the egg and then into the parmesan cheese until it is fully covered.
- Line a pre sprayed casserole dish with your chicken and bake in the oven until chicken is browned- About 35 minutes.
Delicious, right? This chicken was a total win! I love pesto anything so I was really excited to give this Pesto Stuffed Chicken a try and it surely didn’t disappoint!