Happy Friday Friends! You might not remember, but back in the day, I used to share a recipe ever.single.Friday – shocking that I used to blog that often, I know! And since one of my goals for the year is to blog more, I thought I’d start sharing my Foodie Friday food posts again! Its been quite a while since I’ve regularly shared them on the blog, but that doesn’t mean I stopped taking food pictures. It’s just a matter of making the time to sit down and get them posted! So today I am starting us off with this Pumpkin Chip Bread that my family loves!
It is so quick and easy to make, and honestly, you probably have some bananas sitting on your counter right now that you need to use up anyway. Am I right?
Nothing is better than pulling a hot loaf of bread out of the oven, except when it is full of pumpkin and chocolate chips.
I buy bananas every week at the grocery store and sometimes they get eaten and sometimes not. So when it’s the latter, I am usually whipping up a batch of some sort of delicious bread. Some of you might be wondering if I make this year round, and the answer is, of course! It doesn’t just need to be Fall to eat everything pumpkin. I make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin sugar cookies, pumpkin poke cake, you get the idea. I love all pumpkin! And I love to enjoy it year round!
This Pumpkin Chip Bread is super delicious and I make it far too often because we all love it. It is also great to make in mini loaves and share with friends and family. What are some of your favorite things to make with pumpkin?
Do you make pumpkin recipes year round or only during the Fall?
- 11 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 cups chocolate chips I use mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 9x5-inch bread pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the wet ingredients - butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin puree and banana. Blend until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix on low.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix just until combined.
- Divide the batter between the two pans. Loaf pans should be about half to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 45 minutes and then lay tin foil over the pans. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes and a toothpick inserted comes out clean (no wet batter). Cook time will be about 55 minutes.