While everyone is sharing all their Christmas desserts, I am over here still sharing pumpkin everything! But that is because I made so many delicious pumpkin treats this fall that I can’t keep them all to myself! And these Pumpkin Sugar Cookies are no exception!
I am always browsing Pinterest for recipes to try and if you have ever looked at my pinterest, you already know, I have waay too many recipes pinned. But what you don’t see are my secret boards full of more recipes that I think I need to try right away!!
Lately I have shared the Pumpkin Puree I made and an amazing Pumpkin Poke Cake, so today I want to share some delicious Pumpkin Sugar Cookies. This recipe made a great amount of cookies and I froze abut half of them. It is always nice to pull out a package of cookies in a couple of weeks and eat them again!
There are not too many ingredients, so this is pretty fast cooking! But after you make your dough you do need to let the dough sit in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to chill. I should have let them sit longer because my dough wasn’t interested in rolling. It was still pretty sticky! I ended up just scooping out my and sprinkling with the sugar.
Home made pumpkin puree is just amazing. You really know where your food is coming from and the ingredients in it: Pumpkin!
These pumpkin sugar cookies really are delicious and they have the perfect amount of pumpkin in them too!
Pumpkin Sugar Cookie Recipe adapted from Wine and Glue
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 2 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 14 Tbsp butter (1 3/4 stick) room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350®
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Using a mixer, mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg yolk, vanilla, and the pumpkin until well combined.
- On low, mix in the flour mixture until well combined.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough into one inch sized balls. Roll in sugar and ut onto a lined baking mat.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Let cool on the pan for a couple of minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
What are your favorite cookies?