It may only be February, but I am dreaming of sunny days full of hot hot sunshine. Anyone else?
Winter hasn’t been near as bad as past years, but I will take the heat over cold any day of the week. And because our summers fly by, I am making plans already to fill my days with lounging at the lake, relaxing in the back yard with a cold drink and lots and lots of play dates with kids screaming with laughter as they slide down the slip n slide.
One thing we do a couple times a year is have back yard bbq’s with our family and friends. And I am always looking for the perfect BBQ food! Pasta salads are always a must and this BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad is definitely a favorite.
Originally I found a recipe for BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad over on Spicy Southern Kitchen, but after I couldn’t find the same dressing I had to change things up a bit.
And because I had never had the original dressing, I wasn’t missing out! This dressing was delicious!!
It really couldn’t have been easier to make! Which are another favorite things of mine! Quick and easy pasta salads are awesome!!
This is all of the ingredients mixed together except for the pasta and corn chips.
- 16 oz pasta, cooked per package direction – I used elbow and sprial because that is what I had!
- 1 cup of Southwestern Ranch Dressing
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup corn chips
- Place cooked pasta in a large bowl.
- Stir together dressing and sour cream and pour over pasta. Mix together
- Add all remaining ingredients, except corn chips, and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and sprinkle corn chips on top just before serving.
I wish I had gotten a better picture of this when I originally made it! Because this picture doesn’t really do it justice! Maybe next time!
What is your go-to pasta salad?