This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OneTreeOneBag #CollectiveBias
The school year’s end is right around the corner. But before that can wrap up we need to share our appreciation for the school staff. Our school’s Staff Appreciation week is coming up and I wanted to find something fun for Tyler’s teacher. For me, there is nothing better than coffee so I basically always include it in some way when I am giving gifts.
Tyler’s teacher is really fun and outgoing and I remember her saying once that her family loves to camp. So I immediately thought of a glitter dipped mug and coffee as part of her gift.
I headed to the store to get a few things, but before that I ran to Safeway to grab a bag of Starbucks® Pike Place® Roast. It is my favorite roast and I love to share it!
- One of my favorite things about Starbucks is how giving they are.
- For every bag of Starbucks® 10-12z & 20z Ground or Whole Bean coffee purchased at participating Albertsons Company stores in the U.S. from May 1st through May 28, Starbucks provides one disease-resistant coffee tree to a farmer in Mexico, Guatemala or El Salvador,
- Starbucks® will donate 70¢ to Conservation International for every bag of coffee sold at participating Albertsons Company stores in the U.S. from May 1st through May 28 to foster thriving coffee communities.
- To learn more, visit conservation.org/onetree.
Check out the special Starbucks “One Tree One Bag” commitment display in the coffee aisle!
I have only made glitter dipped cups/mugs a couple of times before, but they are super easy and add a touch of fun to your cup!
- Take some painters tape and tape around your clean, dry cup. (Make sure it’s even!)
- Use a decoupage glue and a foam brush and paint the glue on the area your glitter will be.
- Quickly sprinkle on the glitter. I used two paper bowls and held my cup over one bowl and poured the glitter from the second bowl. I turned the cup as I poured to make sure everything was covered.
- Wait about 15 minutes and sponge another layer of decoupage on the glitter. You don’t want to “paint” this layer on but just lightly sponge it. If you need to add another layer of glitter you’ll do it now. Wait another 15 minutes and sponge on more decoupage.
- Wait another 15 minutes and carefully peel off the painter’s tape.
- You want to wait several hours to let the glue completely dry before touching.
After I had let my mug completely dry I added the cute little decal I made for it.
Now our fun mug is all ready for staff appreciation week and ready to be full of a delicious cup of Starbucks® Pike Place® Roast.
I am hoping our teacher is a “Happy Camper” when she gets this fun gift!
What are some of your favorite ways to celebrate the staff at your local school?