It’s Friday! It is also the start to Spring Break for my middle schooler and Easter weekend! Who else is on now Spring Break? What kind of plans do you have? We will mainly be hanging out around the house, but I’m really hoping to get out and do a few things. Like some morning walks, trying out the zip line at the local “game park” and seeing our newest little nephew!
I’m sure I will be trying some new recipes this next week too! I have a few planned and my grocery list made so you’ll be seeing them soon! But first I want to share these Sliced Baked Potatoes. I’m sure you have seen them all over the place. I’ve seen them on Pinterest and every other social media outlet and even my dad shared them on facebook because he wanted to save them to try. I made these a couple of weeks ago when my dad was going to be coming for dinner, but it was one of those “in between” days when we thought we weren’t sick anymore, and then we were. So my dad didn’t come over and we had to eat them all by ourselves.
They were actually simple to make, though a little bit of a process. Lots of washing and slicing and stuffing and waiting while they cook.
Stuff every other slot with a slice of butter and the others with parmesan cheese. Since I didn’t use a brick cheese it was a little harder to stuff with the shredded but still totally worked!
After baking you’ll add the heavy cream and then the shredded cheese.
Bake a little longer and you’ll have these delicious Sliced Baked Potatoes!
- 5 Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ⅛ teaspoons Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Wash potatoes.
- Slice thin lines into your potatoes as far down as you can go without cutting all the way through.
- Slice the butter into thin pieces. Alternate the butter and the parmesan, stuffing them in between the slices of the potato. Season the potato with garlic powder and salt. Drizzle the potato with olive oil.
- Bake at 400ºF for 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle heavy cream over the potatoes. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 10 more minutes. Remove and serve!
Who is going to be trying these babies during Spring break?