It is my BIRTHDAY weekend! So I thought that it was only fitting to share a delicious cake! I actually made this last Summer! But I just hadn’t gotten around to sharing it.
So this S’mores Ice Cream Cake is perfect for today!
Start with taking your graham crackers and breaking them in halves so that they are squares. Crushing 20 squares into crumbs to make the crust.
Flatten into the bottom of your pan.
Break apart your chocolate and put it into a microwave safe bowl
Add frozen cool whip
After microwaving, mix together until completely combined.
Then pour over your graham cracker crust
Stand your remaining crackers up to build a wall
Add in ice cream
After freezing, melt marshmallows
Stir to make sure it is not clumpy
Make sure you set aside 2 cups of the marshmallows
Pour melted marshmallows over ice cream
Add the last of the marshmallows over the top
Put under broiler just until toasted
YUM! Get in my belly!
- 32 graham crackers, divided
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Crush 20 (squared) crackers into fine crumbs (I put them in a freezer bag and roll over them with a rolling pin) and place in medium bowl.
- Add butter and sugar and mix together. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 12 min. or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, use a knife to cut lengthwise line down of each of the remaining square breaking each cracker down scored line into 2 rectangles.
- Microwave chocolate and Cool Whip in microwaveable bowl on high for 2 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is blended, stirring after each minute. Let stand 15 min. Spread chocolate mixture over crust.
- Stand cracker rectangles, top-sides facing out, around the edge of the pan, pressing gently into chocolate mixture to secure. Freeze for 20 minutes until filling is firm.
- Cover with ice cream. Freeze 4 hours or until ice cream layer is very firm.
- Reserve 2 cups marshmallows for when you are ready to serve dessert and microwave remaining marshmallows and milk in large microwaveable bowl on high for 1 min. 15 sec. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 1 min. Cool 10 min.
- Heat broiler. Place dessert on baking sheet; top with melted marshmallow mixture and reserved marshmallows. Broil 6 inches from heat just until marshmallows are golden brown.
- Remove rim of pan before serving dessert.
Dig in and ENJOY! I am not lying, this S’mores ice cream cake is super delicious, but super rich! Maybe have a glass of milk nearby.