This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RaceDayRelief #CollectiveBias
Who here loves spicy food? I definitely do but I feel like I am always avoiding it because I don’t want to deal with the heartburn that comes along with it.
Finally I decided that enough was enough! I wanted to try these Spicy Chicken Tortilla Roll Ups and I am not letting some heart burn get in my way!
After a little research I decided to head to Walmart to get some Nexium 24HR.
- Nexium 24HR, the new #1 selling frequent heartburn brand*
- All day, all night frequent heartburn protection. May take 1 to 4 days for full effect. Use as directed for 14 days to treat frequent heartburn. Do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor. Not for immediate relief.
- New easy to swallow tablets
I felt confident that I was getting some heartburn protection that was really going to make those spicy meals go down easily! So I got right on making my Spicy Chicken Tortilla Roll-Ups.
Everyone needs a great appetizer on hand come Race Day, and these were so easy to make and delicious too!
I started with my chicken and seasoned it. Then I put the chicken in the skillet with some water and let it cook, covered on medium heat.
Meanwhile, I mix all of the other ingredients together.
Shredded my chicken pieces.
Then I added the chicken to the mixture.
Give it a good stir
Then add the mixture onto your tortillas and roll them up tight.
- 1 # chicken breast
- 12 oz. cream cheese. (I used regular but you could use flavored ones too!)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 tortillas- I used 3 spinach and 3 cheddar jalapeno
- Using 1/2 tsp cumin and a tsp of chili powder, season the chicken on both sides.
- Cover the chicken in a skillet with one cup of water and cook over medium heat.
- Let chicken cool and shred
- Meanwhile, mix all other ingredients in medium bowl until well combined
- Add a scoop of the mixture to the tortilla and flatten out, staying away from the edge
- Roll tortilla up tight
- Use a knife to cut 1 inch pieces
- Refrigerate or serve
This awesome recipe is adapted from RealHousemoms.com
*Based on IRI sales data 52 weeks ending 11/1/15 among OTC brands