Hello, Hello! Another week come and gone and it is the 4th of July weekend! We planned to have a BBQ and time just kept slipping away and here we are with no plans at all! It is so hot and dry where I live that we are surrounded by wildfires and fireworks are not allowed. So I see some lazy days in the river and trying to stay cool!
One thing I don’t see in the future is using my oven! But if your weather isn’t hanging out in the high 90’s and into the 100’s, then you should definitely try this Taco Lasagna. I know that Taco Lasagna might sound weird, but it is not. and it is super good. I’ve made this a few times and my husband and kids keep asking for me to make it again!
Ingredients are pretty straight forward- I used oven ready noodles but you could easily use regular noodles if you just boil them first. This just saves me a step!
This mixture is just ricotta cheese and an egg.
- 12 oven ready lasagna noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef/or ground turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 small carton ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (24-oz.) jar chunky salsa
- Feel free to add any ingredients that you would make tacos with, you won’t ruin it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, brown burger, drain. Add taco seasoning and mix together.
- If you are not using “oven ready” lasagna noodles, make sure they are cooking now.
- In a bowl mix the ricotta and egg together.
- Using a 9×13 dish, put 4 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Add a layer of the ricotta, hamburger, salsa, and cheese using 1/3 of each. Do 2 additional layers.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes and is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before digging in.
- Top with any of your additional ingredients like sour cream.
Who is ready to dig in?