I’m sort of glad that January is almost over. For one, I haven’t been around the blog much. I have been in sort of a blogging funk and I am ready to shake it off! And two, February is, after all, my birthday month. And also, January is so bleak and boring and grey. I am ready for Spring! And warmer weather, and colorful flowers popping up.
But since it is still winter, and snowy, and cold, I thought I would share something to warm the soul.
So who doesn’t love Tater Tot Casserole? I LOVE tater tot casserole and if it were healthier I would eat it weekly! But this Tater Tot Enchilada Casserole brings it to an entirely new level. An amazing level!
And because it is my style, this is a very easy meal to put together. You first start with browning your burger.
I just take a handful of softened tater tots and toss them in with the burger and crush them up to make a thicker filling.
Then I add my enchilada sauce
and the soups
Mix together and add some shredded cheese
Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 pan
Cover with tater tots
Sprinkle with cheese and bake
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 bag of tater tots
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 can of Fiesta Nacho Cheese soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet cooking until soft. (set aside)
- Add hamburger to skillet and brown, drain. Mix in taco seasoning and cook for another 2 minutes. Add in cooked onions and garlic and combine.
- Pour the can of enchilada sauce and the soups into the hamburger and cook for an additional for 2 minutes.
- Put the mixture into a 9×13 greased pan and top with tater tots.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and add the olives.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until the tater tots are browned.
Because I think you can never have too many tater tots, next time I will definitely add more! It could have used another layer across the top.
And that is that! Deliciousness in a hot pan!