Who doesn’t love a good chocolate chip cookie? I know I do! I’ve had many delicious chocolate chip cookies over the years but I have always had an issue with making my own. They either spread out big and flat or they are small and flat. They never look pretty.
But now that has all changed. This recipe is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I’ve ever tried. These cookies are perfectly moist, round, with the right amount of chips. And the flavor is perfect.
I have to say, freezing cookie dough to bake later is one of the most genius ideas I have come across. It makes it so easy to grab a few out at a time later on for a delicious little treat!
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups real unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (11.5 oz.) bag chocolate chips (I used half chocolate, half white chocolate)
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Add vanilla
- All additional dry ingredients, mixing just enough to combine.
- Then stir in chips by hand
- I used a cookie scoop to make my cookies. Since it is a small scoop, I made them “heaping scoops”.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes on 350°. Adjust this to work for your own stove. I really found that mine are done after about 13 minutes.
Because I made these to freeze for later, I placed my cookies on a cookie sheet 40 at a time and put them into my freezer to freeze for about 15 minutes. Enough to freeze the outside of the cookie so that they won’t stick together. (I was able to get 66 cookies out of this batch. I froze 60 and baked up the other 6.)
I typically take these out 8 at a time. 2 for me, Travis and Zachary each. And one for Tyler and Summer. It’s perfect and just the right amount of cookie. This way I can’t sit there and eat the entire batch! Even frozen, I still bake these cookies for 13-15 minutes on 350 degrees.
Cookie Recipe adapted from Happy Money Saver.
What are your favorite kind of cookies?