This post has been sponsored by Smile Brilliant, however, all opinions are my own.
A person’s smile and teeth are typically the very first thing I notice when I see someone. So, I was so excited when the opportunity came up to work with Smile Brilliant and to whiten my own teeth. As a coffee and soda drinker, my teeth have definitely yellowed over time. And using perfectly fitting trays to make my smile brighter is exciting!
Have you ever tried whitening strips? They don’t stay on!
Or having trays made at your dentist office? How much did that bill cost?
Maybe you tried to stay away from staining foods? But coffee is life!
When my Smile Brilliant kit showed up in the mail I was so excited to get right on it. I started with my “before” pictures. I know taking super close up teeth pictures isn’t exactly flattering. But it is important so you can see how your teeth have changed. Sometimes those changes are harder for us to see in ourselves.
A few teeth whitening facts:
- Your teeth are like sponges and they absorb colored food.
- Tooth Sensitivity is normal. About 60% of Americans experience it.
- Caps and veneers cannot whiten.
- The best time to whitening is before bed.
- Not everyone will have perfectly white teeth. That is why Smile Brilliant offers a 45-day money back guarantee.
Next, I made my impressions.
You mix the catalyst and the base together, following the instructions you are given. Placing it into the given trays and then bite into them, making your impressions.
Once they are set up and solid you mail them off to Smile Brilliant. I even received a confirmation when they were received, once they were made and shipped. And I received my whitening trays back in just a short period of time.
Now I am all ready to start whitening.
I received the “sensitive” kit due to having teeth sensitivity.
When you are ready to whiten you follow a few simple steps.
- Start with brushing your teeth with water only. No toothpaste at this point.
- Add gel along the trays, where it will rest against your teeth.
- Put the trays into your mouth, on your teeth, pressing against your teeth so the gel will disperse evenly. And wipe away any excess.
- Whiten teeth for a minimum of 45 minutes up to 3 hours. This will depend on your own sensitivity.
- Brush with a non-whitening toothpaste.
- Rinse trays with cool water.
You always want to whiten before bed, so plan accordingly.
After you are done you need to use the desensitizing gel for 20 minutes. Rinse your trays but you don’t rinse your mouth because you want that gel to stay on your teeth overnight.
Then head to bed!
You really want to avoid staining foods, such as coffee, chocolate, soda, red wine, etc. for 24 hours after a whitening session.
I don’t really feel like my after pictures do Smile Brilliant justice! I can definitely notice a difference and I am not done. And thankfully, I still have many applicators to that I will use to get my teeth whitened even more and I can’t wait to share my continued process.
Have you ever whitened your teeth or considered Smile Brilliant?
I have an amazing opportunity to give one of my readers a $149 credit to Smile Brilliant!
Giveaway is open for 1 week and open to USA, UK, Australia and Canadian residents. Make sure you enter your email so you can be contacted if you win! If you just can’t wait to order, use code colbertclan20 to get 20% off your purchase! Which is an AMAZING deal!