Spring is in the air! I have been loving having the windows open and getting fresh air into the house. Even with the rain we’ve been getting, it’s still so nice! Windows open and cookies baking are what’s really happening at my house! Today I wanted to share these zucchini oat chocolate chip cookies that we love. They are super basic and so good and maybe not the first way people think of getting kids to eat veggies, but why not, right?
If the thought of zucchini in your cookies seems weird, don’t fret! You actually don’t even taste it!
These cookies never last long at my house therefore, one thing I love to do it make up the dough and roll into balls and then freeze them. Then I can just pull out a few at a time for us to enjoy rather than making a bulk amount and pigging out on them. Because frankly, that is the only way I seem to eat cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I also added some white chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Mix together butter, sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- Add zucchini
- Slowly add in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips
- Scoop dough, about 2 Tbsp each onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 11-12 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
- Cool on baking sheet for a moment before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now you know how much I love these Zucchini Oat Chocolate Chip cookies, what is your favorite kind of cookies?