When I first saw Zucchini Tots, I was totally intrigued. I love tater tots but obviously it is frowned upon to eat them all the time. So I wanted to make these ASAP and I did just that.
These are so easy to make and are done in just a short amount of time. Then you’ll be enjoying these zucchini tots like I am!
After you shred your zucchini, it is important that you try and get out as much of the water that you can. They will hold together better if you do and you get a nice crispy outside if there is less water. I used a cheesecloth, however, you could use a clean towel. Really it’ll do the trick! Place the zucchini on the middle of the cloth and squeeze into a ball and squeeze the water our over a bowl or the sink.
Then you are going to mix all of your ingredients together until well blended.
I sprayed my mini muffin tin with non stick cooking spray then filled up each of the little tins to the top.
Next, you’ll pop these little babies right in the oven and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes. You want to get them nice and brown on the top!
Then pop them out of the tins and enjoy every delicious bite!
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 1 large zucchini)
- onion, minced (1/2 small)
- shredded sharp cheddar (1/2 cup)
- grated Parmesan (1/2 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Grate the zucchini and use a cloth to get out as much of the water as you can. (the more you can get out the better!)
- Add all additional ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with a non-stick spray. You could alternatively shape these into tots and place on a baking sheet.
- Fill the muffin tin with the mixture, and bake for 15-20 mins or until the tops have turned golden.
As a result, these are one of my favorite snacks because they are so delicious! Let me know if you give them a try!